PREPS 7 Creep with crossover

rhayling

Hello,

Can anyone help with this: it is A case bound thread sewn three hundred and twenty page book, that is in 16 page folios with crossover images. Need assistance on imposition suggestions to cater for creep / shingling.

What is the weight of the paper it will be printing on?
Since they are only 16-page signatures, I wouldn't worry about creep unless it is higher than 100# book weight.

The substrate to be used is 115gm so basically 78#, the concern is the signatures with crossover images throughout the book.
Can you advise any adjustments to imposition.

When you use creep check the 'Scale' button. It scales the pages instead of moving them and preserves your crossovers.

If you are using Prinergy, you have to make sure that you are not using Center Page when using the Scale Creep option - you must choose "Use Offsets" otherwise weird things happen. Trust me.

If you are using Prinergy, you have to make sure that you are not using Center Page when using the Scale Creep option - you must choose "Use Offsets" otherwise weird things happen. Trust me.

Dan, you are scaring me. What kind of weird things? We use it all the time that way. :D

Joe, didn't we already discuss this issue a while back on another forum? If you leave it as Center Page it doesn't act as expected - I think it ends up only moving one side of a spread. If you make a VPS of the signature and view it with the page boxes on it makes it pretty obvious.

Last edited:
Not sure. We might have but I thought that was fixed somewhere along the way. in either Preps 7 or 7.5.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back