QuarkXPress 2018 Announced

Collapse
Canon
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also accept Quark. I may not like it much, but the bottom line is that some of my customers use it so I must support it.

pd

Comment

Originally posted by prepressdork View Post
      I also accept Quark. I may not like it much, but the bottom line is that some of my customers use it so I must support it.

pd
      I am glad none of our customers use Quark because we would do the same thing. We get the odd Corel file every now and then. Have a virtual machine with Corel 8 running just for those times or I use an online converter. If more started coming though I would have to get that software as well and I hate Corel more then Quark, though I think that is because they do things completely different, especially with scrolling which zooms in and out and is super frustrating to use when used to Adobe.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderings View Post

I am glad none of our customers use Quark because we would do the same thing. We get the odd Corel file every now and then. Have a virtual machine with Corel 8 running just for those times or I use an online converter. If more started coming though I would have to get that software as well and I hate Corel more then Quark, though I think that is because they do things completely different, especially with scrolling which zooms in and out and is super frustrating to use when used to Adobe.
        Part of our company still uses Quark. We use it for in house files and files sent out to an offset shop. They’ve never once complained about a file and the product always comes back looking great. I never really have a problem with our in house files. We do use in design for more complex pieces though. I’m actually going to be upgrading to the newest quark soon.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderings View Post

I can think of zero times we have received a Quark file from the outside, but my predecessor was one of the last Quark diehards and wholeheartedly refused to use Indesign...so when I took his position I spent the next 2 years updating various repeat jobs and templates as I went, to the point where I almost never open Quark. We used to have all kind of PDF problems that seem to have disappeared completely in the process. We never bought into Adobe subscription either, so we are basically sitting at CS 5.5 which for us is a good place to be...not really missing any daily features, except for the rare customer that brings in a CC file that I can't open.

Comment

CanonKBAAvantiSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploEnfocusXerox4Over

Canon Embellishment White Paper

Collapse

Print Embellishment Goes
          Straight To The Bottom Line

InfoTrends reported that interviews with more than 100 print customers demonstrated an appetite and willingness to pay premiums of 24% to 89% for special effects, over CMYK-only printing. They also indicated embellishment could apply to a significant portion of their work. Embellishment options can include hot foil stamping, spot gloss UV, embossing, debossing, letterpress, diecut shapes, lamination, duplex, triplex, gold foil, silver foil, copper foil, white foil, black foil, clear foil, etching, and laser cutting techniques. Download The Free White Paper.

CanonSmartsoft (Presswise)AvantiKBAAvantiEnfocusGraph ExpoDuploXeroxChili publish4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4164 users online. 52 members and 4112 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,745 at 04:03 PM on 10-10-2019.

Working...
          X