Hybrid workflow recommendations (flexo/screen/digital)

hsearcy

I’ve recently changed from many years of working in offset/digital printing to a shop that specializes in flexo and screen printing. They’re also branching out into digital printing, mainly for label production. I’m looking to modernize and streamline their workflow - ideally by moving to a .pdf based workflow and software based imposition (currently they’re doing imposition manually in Illustrator).

I’m looking for recommendations for imposition software that can accommodate a hybrid workflow of flexo/screen/digital. I’ve found a few good options for flexo that will handle auto-distortion, bearer bars, step and repeat, etc. I’ve worked with some previously that are good for digital. But so far I haven’t found much available for screen printing - let alone any that look versatile enough to handle all three processes. I’d much rather have an integrated solution vs. different products for each workflow.

Any suggestions?

Hi, I had the in the same position same years ago.
My advice is go with Esko if you are looking for something more visual interactive with huge possibilities integration in Esko products, now if you have experience with coding choose Enfocus Switch + Pdftoolbox.

Hi, I had the in the same position same years ago.
My advice is go with Esko if you are looking for something more visual interactive with huge possibilities integration in Esko products, now if you have experience with coding choose Enfocus Switch + Pdftoolbox.

Thanks bbertolani. I believe they looked into Esko previous to my arrival and decided against it, but I'll give it a look. I've worked with Switch before and would love to set up that kind of automation eventually but right now the need just isn't there.

Thanks jeffkin15 - I came across Hybrid Software not too long after making this post. They look very promising for our needs, especially Packz :)

I just sent you a private message with my contact information. Please feel free to reach out to me if you want a closer look at the software.

If enyone need more info about posibility of HYB Packz or Cloudflow, feel free to send me a question.

BR

If enyone need more info about posibility of HYB Packz or Cloudflow, feel free to send me a question.

BR
You still use both these titles? Do you have prior experience with Esko's Automation Engine and Webcenter? I see how cloud flow is comparable to AE, but I dont see what Hybrid offers to compete with Webcenter.

You still use both these titles? Do you have prior experience with Esko's Automation Engine and Webcenter? I see how cloud flow is comparable to AE, but I dont see what Hybrid offers to compete with Webcenter.

CLOUDFLOW offers the benefits of AE and Webcenter (Plus more) all in one product with a single database. :)

Thanks Pete! How would you rate your overall experience with Hybrid software, compared to Esko? We currently use Webcenter, Automation engine, Deskpack and Image Engine. We could certainly do without the maintenance costs of using all this Esko software. The purchase price of the licenses should cover any kind of support for their products, but unfortunately it doesn't. I'm sure the people that pay the bills would like a less expensive option.

I would love to know your reply Pete. I am researching automation options for my company as well and have some of the same concerns that Topher has. Thank you.

Hybrid software offers no Flexo screening and uses a Harlequin RIP vs Adobe based ones. You want to use an Adobe RIP so you don't have any issues with transparencies on output like Harlequin has.

Mike, I find your post to be incredibly irresponsible. As the product manager of Prinergy I would expect that you would know your facts about the competition before commenting on them.

1. Hybrid does have Flexo screening. We offer a full set of AM, FM and Hybrid Screening.
2. Hybrid uses the Harlequin Host Renderer RIP. This is the same RIP that HP replaced the Adobe Rip within every indigo press they sell. The reasons are better PDF interpretation, unlimited scalability, and overall processing speed.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back