Standard Finishing
4Over

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hybrid workflow recommendations (flexo/screen/digital)

Collapse
CanonKonica Minolta
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hybrid workflow recommendations (flexo/screen/digital)

I’ve recently changed from many years of working in offset/digital printing to a shop that specializes in flexo and screen printing. They’re also branching out into digital printing, mainly for label production. I’m looking to modernize and streamline their workflow - ideally by moving to a .pdf based workflow and software based imposition (currently they’re doing imposition manually in Illustrator).

I’m looking for recommendations for imposition software that can accommodate a hybrid workflow of flexo/screen/digital. I’ve found a few good options for flexo that will handle auto-distortion, bearer bars, step and repeat, etc. I’ve worked with some previously that are good for digital. But so far I haven’t found much available for screen printing - let alone any that look versatile enough to handle all three processes. I’d much rather have an integrated solution vs. different products for each workflow.

Any suggestions?

Hi, I had the in the same position same years ago.
    My advice is go with Esko if you are looking for something more visual interactive with huge possibilities integration in Esko products, now if you have experience with coding choose Enfocus Switch + Pdftoolbox.
    Esko: Automation Engine, Artpro, Color Engine, Equinox, Packedge, Plato, Studio 3D, Visualizer.

Comment

You mentioned it in the name. Hybrid Software.

https://cloudflow.hybridsoftware.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jeffkin15 View Post

Good... I never worked with Hybrid Softwares but some friends has good reviews about it.
        Esko: Automation Engine, Artpro, Color Engine, Equinox, Packedge, Plato, Studio 3D, Visualizer.

Comment

Originally posted by bbertolani View Post
          Hi, I had the in the same position same years ago.
          My advice is go with Esko if you are looking for something more visual interactive with huge possibilities integration in Esko products, now if you have experience with coding choose Enfocus Switch + Pdftoolbox.
          Thanks bbertolani. I believe they looked into Esko previous to my arrival and decided against it, but I'll give it a look. I've worked with Switch before and would love to set up that kind of automation eventually but right now the need just isn't there.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffkin15 View Post

Thanks jeffkin15 - I came across Hybrid Software not too long after making this post. They look very promising for our needs, especially Packz

Comment

Originally posted by hsearcy View Post

Thanks jeffkin15 - I came across Hybrid Software not too long after making this post. They look very promising for our needs, especially Packz
              I just sent you a private message with my contact information. Please feel free to reach out to me if you want a closer look at the software.

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)AleyantCanonKBA
              4OverStandard FinishingDuploAleyantCanonGraph ExpoLabelexpoKBAKBASmartsoft (Presswise)Chili publish4 Pees

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4684 users online. 95 members and 4589 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
              X