PDF color differences Illustrator vs Indesgin

Seeking Knowledge

When we are outputting PDF's from CC 2017 we are getting different color results from Illustrator to Indesign, PDFs. We have checked all of the color settings in the two applications and they appear the same. Has anyone else experienced this.

Thanks

Template origin is a major factor. Has that been considered?
For example, if template originated from a client whose color settings differed from yours, their settings have precedence over yours.
There are other factors as well (i.e. pdf output options file - .joboptions ).

Thank you, Curiosity, that was not thought of. I thought that if we had the settings set to strip out any profiles this issue would not be present. Oh, btw job options are all the same.

Are you working in the same colour spaces? Sometimes Illustrator will default to a RGB Colour (File --> Document Colour Mode --> CMYK / RGB).

Hey Shaft,

Yes we are in the same color space, I think it is what was said above how the original color settings are trumping ours. Our prepress person noticed that if we go back to the original supplied file the color is the same. If we open a new document and place the same image the color is different. Production, yay!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back