Preps and Apogee V10.x

Does anyone know if Template Manager in Apogee 10 supports the latest version of Preps (V8.x?) ? Kodak rep told me that Apogee 10 does not work with Preps but we are using it with V5.3 so I know it works. Evidently the new Preps is a completely different animal. Kodak won't sell without bundling Webex training with it because I guess the interface/functionality is totally new.

Preps is a completely different beast nowadays (for the worse, in my opinion after having used the redesigned Preps for the past 3.5 years), but you're still able to save out templates. Been several years since I touched Apogee. My best guess would be that templates would still work, but I could see a chance that maybe some of the new features like SmartMarks might not work as expected.

Of course Kodak will tell you that it won't work with Apogee - they want you to buy Prinergy. I would ask Agfa (they might tell you the same thing so you'll buy their impo solution!)

DCurry–Thanks for the repsonse. I've not had success with "smart" marks even back with Apogee 8 and Preps 5.x. Methinks you're right that the vendors will tilt the table in their favour. That's sorta why I was appealing to the vast body of user experience on this forum. I was told to upgrade from 5.3 to the latest would be a large sum of money. So I guess keeping a legacy Mac around running V5 is a sensible route. I don't need any of the JDF and additional CIP features other than ink drive. So it goes. . .

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back