Linotronic L260 error message: "FILTER > TIMEOUT"

FCP

Got a "FILTER > TIMEOUT" error message on a Linotronic L260.

After turning it on, the spinner motor powers up and then stops at the "INIT RECORDER 3" initialization test. After the error presents itself on the keypad display, the spinner motor de-energizes.

It sat 3 years since it was last activated. I appreciate anyone's help.

Please check the Filter Wheel Assembly inside your Linotronic 260. It may be jammed. Just turn it manually back and forth when the power is down. I hope that it helps.
In case that you would need to replace your L260 with a new film imagesetter, we offer very inexpensive system that is called 123-CtF. Please follow this link for more details: http://www.viprofix.com/new-123ctf-imagesetter/

Peter Warzecha, Sales Manager
Viprofix | Chicago IL
Phone: +1-773-545-7700 ext. 217
Email: [email protected]

Thank you for responding, Peter. I am aware of the Timing Disk in the older L200P but don't see anything like a Filter Wheel Assembly in my L260. Would you mind describing it to me, please?

BTW, I saw a YouTube video of your 123ctf film imager and checked-out your link. How are screens and vignettes on negatives? I produce about 4.8 Dmax on my negs, how is the density on this new system? My equipment is getting old and this looks promising. I'm tired of chemistry, that's for sure. Gotta ship palette loads myself because no one carries it where I'm at.

Material prices for 14 and 18 inch widths?

I think it is likely the Optical Control Board or...

Optical Control Board.jpg

...the Filter Slide Tray Actuator:

Filter Slide Tray Actuator.jpg

Upon startup, the machine errors-out because the Filter Slide Tray fails to move. Here I am performing it manually:

Filter Slide Tray Actuator 2.jpg

Heidelberg told me they have neither part available because this model has been discontinued. I found an Actuator on eBay but cannot locate an Optical Control Board. Does anyone know where I could find one new or cannibalized from another L260?

Thank you for responding, Peter. I am aware of the Timing Disk in the older L200P but don't see anything like a Filter Wheel Assembly in my L260. Would you mind describing it to me, please?

BTW, I saw a YouTube video of your 123ctf film imager and checked-out your link. How are screens and vignettes on negatives? I produce about 4.8 Dmax on my negs, how is the density on this new system? My equipment is getting old and this looks promising. I'm tired of chemistry, that's for sure. Gotta ship palette loads myself because no one carries it where I'm at.

Material prices for 14 and 18 inch widths?

Hallo,
I found that you are mentioning 123ctf which was until last year distributed by Viprofix - all professional film imagesetter replacement products are still avilable from distributors of 123labs.eu around the world - or directly from them.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back