Transparency problem

xcelprint

my customers pdf looked fine on monitor but when printing on our versant 80 the bounding box of a logo image (png file) printed only part transparent. Ideas please? Thanks

I have read that png will not print transparency because it is rgb? Not sure how to advise my customer to change his file.

PNG files are really meant to be used for the web. For print production you would see better results with a Photoshop PSD file.

Thanks Joe and Priceline... we managed to get a printable file by flattening the pdf on the Fiery. The transparency issue went away, we had some slight color shifts, but customer was pleased. Thanks again for your help.
Neal

We also worked around the issue by opening the pdf in Photoshop and saving as a PS PDF. Printed fine but the file size was much larger.

That also rasterizes everything and your text and vector objects will output at whatever resolution you opened the PDF in Photoshop instead of at the output device resolution which is normally 2400 to 2540 resolution.

If you print the PDF to your Fiery it will flatten it on the fly usually with good results. You can also flatten the PDF in Acrobat Pro. Both choices are better than opening the PDF in Photoshop.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back