Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The topic was the subject of a RE:Print cartoon back in 2013:

Comment

i have a customer that comes in and hands me his phone to get files off of.

Comment

Originally posted by MacTwidget View Post

The most popular iteration of the 3.5" disk had storage of 1.44Mb. In my graveyard I still have a 2Gb SCSI Iomega Jaz Drive.
        Does anyone remember the 100Mb Zip drive and the "Click of Death"?
        All our backups used to go onto zip disks, the storage was HUGE at the time and now just laughable. That is technology for you. Have a box of old zip disks in the basement here at work collecting dust and will one day be pulled up out of curiosity as the next generation tries to figure out what these were for.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderings View Post

All our backups used to go onto zip disks, the storage was HUGE at the time and now just laughable. That is technology for you. Have a box of old zip disks in the basement here at work collecting dust and will one day be pulled up out of curiosity as the next generation tries to figure out what these were for.
          Zips were a gift from God when they came out. Was always having to get files over to the Service Bureau's to get film output and it sure made file portability a cinch........ahhhhhhhh the good ole days

Comment

Originally posted by MacTwidget View Post

The most popular iteration of the 3.5" disk had storage of 1.44Mb. In my graveyard I still have a 2Gb SCSI Iomega Jaz Drive.
            Does anyone remember the 100Mb Zip drive and the "Click of Death"?
            The old "Sneaker Net"... running between desktops with a ZIP as it was quicker then the TokenRing and appletalk.

Comment

Speaking of floppy disks...are they, like 33rpm records, making a come back? https://tinyurl.com/y8s28e4j

Comment

Originally posted by gordo View Post
                Speaking of floppy disks...are they, like 33rpm records, making a come back? https://tinyurl.com/y8s28e4j
                I would buy an Oregon Trail on 5.25 or SimCity on 3.5.

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)AleyantCanonKBA
                4OverStandard FinishingDuploAleyantCanonGraph Expo4 PeesLabelexpoKBAKBA

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4204 users online. 97 members and 4107 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
                X