a5 mixed media query

bcr

Hi all,

We print a lot of mixed media (binders of documents with printed tabs inserted). Increasingly we need to do that in A5 format in addition to A4.

We're looking at new light production printers and there are very few that support printing onto A5 tabs.

Which got me thinking if it would be better to just go for a machine that does not support A5 tabs, and instead, print everything as A5 onto A4, and then get a cutter and driller, to cut the stack down to A5. This might waste paper but i guess it would expand our choices in terms of machine choice..

Any thoughts? (I am a bit of a noob - if it's not already glaringly obvious)

Have just tested it out on a Konica machine with Fiery we have and it works OK except for when a landscape page comes out it then aligns to the wrong side of the margin (i.e. where it would be trimmed off)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back