Defining colors HP Indigo 5600

Hi, I am new to working with HP Indigo Presses. I recently learned that making a color swatch 100% and naming the color either Green, Orange, or Violet, will trigger my press to print from those color channels instead of trying to create the color using CMYK values. My question is, how do I do this for multiple different colors. For example; I want to print 2 boxes on the same file, one with 100% green, and one with 50% green(halftone), however, even though I can define the percentages, I cannot name both colors green in Adobe because they would conflict with one another. Is there a way to bypass this? Maybe a way to name the color "Green 50" but use some syntax to have the press ignore the "50" in the name. Any assistance is appreciated.

You need to define swatches as tints based on the solid spot colour swatch.

Edit, here is a screenshot from Illustrator, the concept is similar in other apps.

Stephen Marsh

Attachments

• tint.png
    tint.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back