Adobe Acrobat 11

xcelprint

I want to buy Acrobat 11 to work with my version of Fusion Pro.
Adobe does not sell it anymore. Any ideas are appreciated. I don't want to pay $600 to update Fusion Pro and then sign on to the monthly subscription of Adobe.
Thanks,
Neal

Actually, to be legally correct, you never could “buy” Acrobat 11 itself, but rather, you could “license” Acrobat 11! ;)

Adobe no longer licenses Acrobat 11; nor do any Authorized Adobe Resellers offer Acrobat 11 anymore! In fact, Acrobat 11 is no longer supported in any way by Adobe. With the next version of MacOS, it won't even be able to run under MacOS which will require 64-bit applications. Since it was first released, the MacOS version of Acrobat DC has been 64-bit.

If you truly must have Acrobat 11, your only choice is what I can best describe as the “secondary market” of users selling old versions of the product. Be very careful. Much of what you may find on EBay or Amazon's “MarketPlace” (third party vendors using Amazon) is either pirated or ineligible for license transfer. Adobe does allow for transfer of licenses from one owner to another after verifying that the designated license is indeed valid. Again, please be careful. There are a tremendous number of scammers out there.

- Dov

My version of Fusion Pro will work with Acrobat DC 15 also but Adobe tells me they do not sell that either. What's a poor country boy to do?

My version of Fusion Pro will work with Acrobat DC 15 also but Adobe tells me they do not sell that either. What's a poor country boy to do?

What platform are you on? Windows or Mac? They do license Acrobat 2017, the replacement for Acrobat 2015, for both Windows and MacOS with perpetual license as well as Acrobat DC as subscription. It is highly unlikely that your copy of Fusion Pro would not work with Acrobat 2017 if it worked with Acrobat 2015. Check on that!

- Dov

Thanks Dov but it will not work with DC 17...

Sorry to hear that. I then assume you don't have the latest version of Fusion Pro either?!? I can't imagine that their product is not updated enough yet to work with either Acrobat Pro 2017 or Acrobat Pro DC.

- Dov

Sorry to hear that. I then assume you don't have the latest version of Fusion Pro either?!? I can't imagine that their product is not updated enough yet to work with either Acrobat Pro 2017 or Acrobat Pro DC.

- Dov

What is Acrobat 2017? As far as I know I am running the latest version of Acrobat called Acrobat DC. Never seen an Acrobat 2017.

Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 8.45.25 AM.png

What is Acrobat 2017? As far as I know I am running the latest version of Acrobat called Acrobat DC. Never seen an Acrobat 2017.

There are two different methods of licensing Acrobat. If you purchase a perpetual license (i.e., not a subscription), you currently get Acrobat 2017. If you purchase a subscription, you get Acrobat DC. With Acrobat 2017 or its predecessor Acrobat 2015, the features that are in the program when you license it plus fixes for a limited period of time is all that you get. With Acrobat DC's subscription model, new features are continually released and made available to you with no additional upgrade cost.

- Dov

There are two different methods of licensing Acrobat. If you purchase a perpetual license (i.e., not a subscription), you currently get Acrobat 2017. If you purchase a subscription, you get Acrobat DC. With Acrobat 2017 or its predecessor Acrobat 2015, the features that are in the program when you license it plus fixes for a limited period of time is all that you get. With Acrobat DC's subscription model, new features are continually released and made available to you with no additional upgrade cost.

- Dov

This is what you get included with, for example, a digital press. Our V180P has the perpetual license and not the subscription version. There are definitely several features missing between the the perpetual version and the subscription version that I have installed on my personal work station.

Can I ask a silly question ? Why do you need a copy of Adobe Acrobat to run Fusion Pro ? Dose Fusion Pro not have a PDF Library ?

Simple answer is Fusion Pro is a plugin for Adobe Acrobat. And they have a companion plugin that will work with Adobe InDesign too, to help speed up the design work in Acrobat. But the final work needs to be done in Adobe Acrobat.

I still use Acrobat 11.0.18 because I'm so used to it and cannot swallow the new DC interface.
Plus I don't understand why, in the same machine, using the same printer, only Acrobat DC prints using the Trim Box of PDF instead of Media Box.
Is it just me or someone else out there?

Acrobat DC prints the entire crop box for me. If your crop box is smaller than your media box you don't want it to print the media box. The visible part of a PDF is the crop box. Many times the crop box and media box are the same...but not always.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back