Should I split pages in coreldraw / illustrator or some other software?

mulo_g

I have a file of a 12 page brochure in coreldraw from a client. The brochure closed size is A4. It has to be center pinned. However, the design is spread across A3. e.g. Cover page 2 and page 1 of inner pages will have half design each and inner page 2 and 3 will half design each. So, when you open the book it will be A3 picture. I, therefore, have to split pages except cover page 1 and cover page 4.
How is this done? In native program like coreldraw or illustrator? Or, is there a better way through imposition or some other software?
Thanks for any help

I would export it as pdf from Corel and then place it in an Indesign A4 document with facing pages. Then export again as pdf.

There are a number of methods, depending on what workflow you have:
In most workflows (Prinergy, Apogee, XMF etc) you can split spreads during refine
Imposition software eg Preps can split PDF pages for imposition
Acrobat with Pitstop Pro can split pages using an action list, or as previously mentioned, the most basic method, place the spreads into a page layout program using facing pages and output as single pages.

Thanks Aramis and Magnus59.
​​​​​​can you please elaborate on action list in Pitstop Pro for page splitting ?
I don't find any. I am a Newbie in prepress.

I would export it as pdf from Corel and then place it in an Indesign A4 document with facing pages. Then export again as pdf.

That is how I do it. I do not have PitStop or any other software for that kind of thing. This works and does not take too much time though obviously the automated solutions are better.

Thanks Aramis and Magnus59.
​​​​​​can you please elaborate on action list in Pitstop Pro for page splitting ?
I don't find any. I am a Newbie in prepress.

It's a standard action in the newer versions.
Action list is attached

Attachments

• Split Pages Wider than A4 (210 mm) in Half.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 301

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back