RSA Rocsoft Ready Print / Legal Print

bcr

Any users of these software packages on here?

Able to give any feedback re. how you find them and costs?

I'm printing long batches of documents separated with custom tabs and I'm looking for a system that will give a document level overview and auto populate the tabs... Looking at options from printer manufacturers but RSA's solutions look interesting but can't find any user feedback online...

Any users of these software packages on here?

Able to give any feedback re. how you find them and costs?

I'm printing long batches of documents separated with custom tabs and I'm looking for a system that will give a document level overview and auto populate the tabs... Looking at options from printer manufacturers but RSA's solutions look interesting but can't find any user feedback online...

Creating tabs from PDF bookmarks is pretty easy using ReadyPrint. You can also do this using EFI's Job Master on your Fiery, assuming you have one. Although I have first-hand experience with both products I'm not a daily user. With RP you can use any printer whereas with JM you're restricted to the printer it's connected to and in theory other Fiery-controlled printers.

Last edited:
Creating tabs from PDF bookmarks is pretty easy using ReadyPrint. You can also do this using EFI's Job Master on your Fiery, assuming you have one. Although I have first-hand experience with both products I'm not a daily user. With RP you can use any printer whereas with JM you're restricted to the printer it's connected to and in theory other Fiery-controlled printers.

thanks for your response! i'm not a huge fan of jobmaster for numerous reasons.

the apparent appeal of RSA Legal Print is that it gives you a simple interface of files in a queue, where you can define the tabs within that view - as opposed to applications like jobmaster, where it is primarily aimed at a more graphic design user. If you have 10,000 pages and 1,000 tab sheets per set of documents, then trying to configure and check that tabs are in the correct place is hellish using that type of GUI.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back