Canon
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jdf / web to print question

Hello everyone!

I can't thank you all enough for spending your time uploading your knowledge to this forum. I'm always amazed at how much awesome information is available at the click of a few buttons. Thank you!

We run a medium sized family business in a niche market. We have developed a website over the last 8 years that has been custom coded to send pdf's, create invoices and do some other basic tasks that we enjoy. Almost all of our products require variable data which is typically just numbering. We are really hoping to gain some more insight into how to get our website to create PDF's that have that data built into them. I believe JDF's might be the answer, but we've never worked with them before. In an ideal situation, the website would create the PDF with the extra data embedded into it (start & stop number, sequence, qty etc). From there the PDF would get sent to a specific printer. In an even better situation, it would possibly have something to distinguish the style of product and then automatically be sent to a specific printer waitig to be released. We know these abilities already exist, but have no idea who to talk to!

We would really appreciate any feedback or direction you can provide.

Thanks for your help!

RG

I believe we can help. If you send me your contact info, I will have someone on our team reach out to you. JDF is a world of its own and no two vendors or products do things the exact same way. The answer to your question will very much depend on what you are sending the JDF to after it leaves your W2P front end system.

To be transparent, I am the Director of Professional Services at Canon Solutions America. Please feel free to reach out.

Comment

Are you interested in purchasing pre-made software to accomplish this, or are you setting out to build the functionality yourself?

Comment

CanonKBAAvantiSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploEnfocusXerox4Over

Canon Embellishment White Paper

Collapse

Print Embellishment Goes
      Straight To The Bottom Line

InfoTrends reported that interviews with more than 100 print customers demonstrated an appetite and willingness to pay premiums of 24% to 89% for special effects, over CMYK-only printing. They also indicated embellishment could apply to a significant portion of their work. Embellishment options can include hot foil stamping, spot gloss UV, embossing, debossing, letterpress, diecut shapes, lamination, duplex, triplex, gold foil, silver foil, copper foil, white foil, black foil, clear foil, etching, and laser cutting techniques. Download The Free White Paper.

CanonSmartsoft (Presswise)AvantiKBAAvantiEnfocusGraph ExpoDuploXeroxChili publish4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6122 users online. 94 members and 6028 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,745 at 04:03 PM on 10-10-2019.

Working...
      X