Stylized Pagemaker Fonts - HELP!!

PaulK

Awhile back we had a customer that sent us Pagemaker 7.0 files with truetype fonts that were stylized. In the past we were able to make postscript files and distill them and the stylized font came out fine. Long story short, last month we had our PC give up the ghost and a new hard drive put in and now when I distill the postscript it's turning the stylized font into a form of Zapf Chancery. ? =(

I know the rules against stylizing fonts but is there some sort of plug-in or setting that I might be missing? This worked for so long and all of a sudden now it's giving us a giant headache. Operating system is still the same as it was before, Windows XP Service Pack 2.

Re: Stylized Pagemaker Fonts - HELP!!

You might want to check;

1. Pagemaker preferences to make sure that substitution is turned off (File > Preferences > General > Map Fonts > Allow font matching and Show mapping results both checked and Substiution tolerance set to 0 (exact).

2. Start button > Printers and Faxes, right-click printer, click Properties > click Device Settings tab, and check Font Substitution to make sure none are substituted.

3. Start button > Printers and Faxes, right-click printer, click Properties > click Adobe PDF Settings tab and uncheck 'Rely on system fonts only; do not use document fonts. Click Advanced tab > Printing Defaults > Paper/Quality tab > Advanced, and there is an option for downloading TrueType fonts as 'Download as Softfont' or 'Substitute with Device Font', choose Download as Softfont.

This probably will solve your problem.

Don

Don, you are a Pre-Press God among mere mortals!

THANK YOU!!!! =)

I've just gone through this more than once, and RageMaker and WinBlows combined will do it to you for sure (it's amazing I still have the small amount of hair I have left). Of course, being in prepress since 1995, I've seen more than a few strange things...

Don

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back