Preflight files

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preflight files

What do you use? Do you use FlightCheck Pro? Which version? Is it very slow on the Mac OS X? What else do you use to preflight files?

Re: Preflight files

We use PitStop Server and PitStop Pro for preflight. When we preflight native files, we PDF the files and preflight the PDF.

Abe Hayhurst
    Director of Color and Technology
    We Do Graphics, Inc.

Comment

Ryan,

when checking PDF, why don't you use the built in Preflight of Adobe Acrobat. It is the fastest on most thorough. When checking native files, there is currently not an option FlightCheck except maybe some Plug-ins or Xtensions to the mayor layout tools.

Regards,
      Peter

Comment

Why not use Acrobat for checking PDFs?

1) Because I want something automatic - drop file on icon and goes...
        2) I also use Flightcheck Pro for checking Quark and Indesign files...

I know Acrobat build in preflight is the best out there (good job Callas) but I just don't want to open PDF files to check them.

Comment

We have several copies of Flightcheck Pro.
          Use it all the time.
          It's only slow on the Macs when it comes to checking quark 7 files for some reason.

other than that,
          taste great, less filling.

Comment

David,

what Macs do you run Flightcheck on? I am thinking about intel Core2Duo minis for that.

Comment

currently on 2 G4s and 2 G5s.

It should run great on the Intel mini, just get all the ram you can and it'll be fine.

cheers,
              David

Comment

Have you tried the "Create Droplet" feature of Acrobat Preflight?? It
                lets you create a little "droplet" on your disk that you can then drag
                as many files onto and it will process them as you define.

Open up the Preflight dialog and choose from the Options menu...

Leonard

Comment

No, but that's sounds like a great idea. I'll try that for PDFs but still have to use Flightcheck for Qxd and indd

Comment

2GB will do and I always use external 7200 rpm hd as a startup for my minis to squeeze extra performance

Comment

Ryan,

besides Leonard's answer, also a hotfolder based CLI version of pdfInspektor (same engine as in Acrobat Preflight) - pdfInspektor4 CLI - is available.

Check out

http://www.callassoftware.com/prepre...finspektor4cli

Best regards,

Peter

Comment

Dear Rayan,

i want know what are files giving problems?...can you specify the native files....i will see that and suggest you how to go about it?....is it ok for you

ram

Comment

UltimateDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)Standard FinishingKBA4Over
                        UltimateDuploStandard FinishingKBAKBA GTIChili publish4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5088 users online. 109 members and 4979 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,151 at 11:36 AM on 11-17-2017.

Working...
                        X