Preflight files

stargate

What do you use? Do you use FlightCheck Pro? Which version? Is it very slow on the Mac OS X? What else do you use to preflight files?

Re: Preflight files

We use PitStop Server and PitStop Pro for preflight. When we preflight native files, we PDF the files and preflight the PDF.

Abe Hayhurst
Director of Color and Technology
We Do Graphics, Inc.

Ryan,

when checking PDF, why don't you use the built in Preflight of Adobe Acrobat. It is the fastest on most thorough. When checking native files, there is currently not an option FlightCheck except maybe some Plug-ins or Xtensions to the mayor layout tools.

Regards,
Peter

Why not use Acrobat for checking PDFs?

1) Because I want something automatic - drop file on icon and goes...
2) I also use Flightcheck Pro for checking Quark and Indesign files...

I know Acrobat build in preflight is the best out there (good job Callas) but I just don't want to open PDF files to check them.

We have several copies of Flightcheck Pro.
Use it all the time.
It's only slow on the Macs when it comes to checking quark 7 files for some reason.

other than that,
taste great, less filling.

David,

what Macs do you run Flightcheck on? I am thinking about intel Core2Duo minis for that.

currently on 2 G4s and 2 G5s.

It should run great on the Intel mini, just get all the ram you can and it'll be fine.

cheers,
David

Have you tried the "Create Droplet" feature of Acrobat Preflight?? It
lets you create a little "droplet" on your disk that you can then drag
as many files onto and it will process them as you define.

Open up the Preflight dialog and choose from the Options menu...

Leonard

No, but that's sounds like a great idea. I'll try that for PDFs but still have to use Flightcheck for Qxd and indd

2GB will do and I always use external 7200 rpm hd as a startup for my minis to squeeze extra performance

Dear Rayan,

i want know what are files giving problems?...can you specify the native files....i will see that and suggest you how to go about it?....is it ok for you

ram

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back