Eversmart supreme halo problem

gutten-berg

We have Creo-Scitex Supereme scanner for two years .
Scan-resoluton in reflective mode and transparency mode seemed to be excellent.

But recently I noticed extreme halo in transparency mode.

White fields bleed over into the black areas for up to an inch or so. Also, I noticed that a black field spanning many inches had a sinusoidal intensity fluctuation. The black went darker and lighter along the scan direction.

Any suggestion will be gtreatly appreciated.

Re: Eversmart supreme halo problem

Sounds like the optics are dirty. You could try minimizing this by masking off the areas around the transparency, but if you can have the the optics cleaned, it will likely reduce the problem.

> {quote:title=gutten-berg wrote:}{quote}
> We have Creo-Scitex Supereme scanner for two years .
> Scan-resoluton in reflective mode and transparency mode seemed to be excellent.
>
> But recently I noticed extreme halo in transparency mode.

The Eversmart scanners have a big problem with flare. Mask the TXs with some exposed film.

rich

>Mask the TXs with some exposed film.

assuming you still have film. Rich is so "old school". I cut CTP plates with tin snips to mask off txs now. ;)

Hi,

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<The Eversmart scanners have a big problem with flare

Why this problem ??

Thanks
Philippe

We treat our exposed film with kid gloves right now. Knowing that we can't get any more. We still use if for our reflective drum scanning.....

The ‘halo effect’ is a well-documented and common problem of Eversmart Supreme Scanner - that is due to the cooling system of the CCD head.

The only cure for this problem is a proper cleaning of the protective glass and outer surface of the head with a special cleaning solution.

I performed this procedure on the quite a few CCD heads, and I can do this for your company if you are willing to send over the CCD head to my lab in Boston .

you can reach me at: [email protected]

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back