Merging Vector Logo to multiple pdfs.

Bugsimus

Hi,

I have a single page pdf of a company logo (vector) placed in position on the page and I have 30 4pp pdf's that need the logo on the first page only. Now in acrobat you can batch process this quite easily with the watermark sequence, but it turns the logo into a image during the batch process. Is there anyway I can keep the logo in vector format.

Also while I'm at it, further down the track I have to merge the contents of a 1000pp pdf with the contents of another 1000pp pdf... I haven't thought of how I will do this yet, but just thought I'd bring it up while I'm here and have no idea why I'll be doing this, but it was something bought up in conversation.

Re: Merging Vector Logo to multiple pdfs.

Hi Justin,

My first question is what tools do you have at your disposal? Obviously we want to try to solve you problem with software you already own. Acrobat 8 provides a decent amount of functionality, but for something like this, you might need an more robust PDF editing tool. Technically you might be able to place the PDF into Indesign and then paste the logo, etc., but that's very cumbersome.

Regards,
Greg

Systems Engineer
OneVision, Inc.

I have quite a few tools at my disposal, with the possibility of buying whatever we need to accomplish this in some sort of batching type way. As this may very well be a repeat job. For Starters I have access to Mac's, PC's, Acrobat 6-8, Pitstop 6.1 (Should be getting 7.2 sometime soon(been hanging out for that hardcore)), Quite Imposing 2 Plus, Adobe CS2 and CS3.

Hi Justin,

Been out of town. Sorry to keep you hanging. There are a few ways to do it. One is place the PDF into InDesign. Then copy the logo onto all pages. Possibly by using master pages.

WIth the imposition, you could probably layer one on top of another.

OneVision also has a editting tool that allows you to clone an element across multiple pages or place a multipage pdf onto another multipage pdf (Speedflow Edit).

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Greg

Systems Engineer
OneVision, Inc.

Can't you "double burn" the logo into place with your imposition software and RIP?

And for the other job - merge the PDFs in the impo software, as well?

MSD

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back