Using vendors other than Kodak for servicing equipment?

macjmccoy

Just wondering if anyone out there had any recommendations for tech support services for their prepress equipment (imposition proofing printers, color proofing printers, plate makers, etc.).

Re: Using vendors other than Kodak for servicing equipment?

All the time. Why would anyone use Kodak?

I agree, but do you have any recommendations?

I am in NYC. I can recommend someone local for Tr-State area. Where are you located?

What kind of equipment do you have?

Well, currently we are using Epson for color proofing, Iris 43wide for imposition proofing, and are using Trendsetters for CTP. We are currently looking into new imposition proofing equipment and color proofing equipment. We haven't solidified any choices yet, so I guess we were just wondering if there was a company that does it all. If not, what would you recommend for new proofers?

Thank you, please drive through.

I sent you an email. I am using gmg to drive my Epson. What is your front end? For impo proofing I have hp5500 with Spinjet and I am very happy with that. Tried DoubleProof and hate it.

We're using Prinergy Connect and Dupont Chromapro to drive our Epson 10600 for color proofing and using an Iris 43 Wide for impo proofing.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back