Printing yellow & black first in a two colour machine

Ram

We print in 45 gsm newsprint and are faced with problem of registration while printing the second set of colours. Earlier we were taking cyan and majenta first and yellow and black finally in two colour machine.

Supposing we take yellow and black first and then cyan and majenta can the problem of registration be overcome. Newsprint seems to expand and therefore this problem is faced according to the supervisors

Please advise

Re: Printing yellow & black first in a two colour machine

from what I've been told y-b should be run first on a 2-c press.

the reason m-c is run first is because you can see the result. You can't see much on a y-k print until you hit it again, by which time it may be too late to fix if the y-k is wrong, but registration sure would be easier.

Wat about y-m and K-c? Or y-c and K-m?

Re: Printing yellow & black first in a two colour machine

I have a 2 colr SM102. When I HAVE to print 4color I print the K-C first then the M-Y. I also explain to customer theat text can be built using K-C OR M-Y. No other combination. I have had great success.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back