Printing Management Software

P

pmkprog

What is everyone using for managing jobs through your shop? What software are you using to do estimating, job tickets, time and material tracking and invoicing?

My last two jobs: I had to create a Filemaker database to manage tickets and invoice that tied in with the estimating system that someone else created and the last place I was at used Logic.

I'm trying to get a feel of what's out there.

Re: Printing Management Software

We use epace which is in the process of becoming JDF compliant. At that point it will tie into the Heidelberg printrready RIP we use.

You should check out EFI, yes the Fiery RIP people. A few years ago they bought up all the best know Print Management Solutions out there
http://www.efi.com/products/print-mis/

And they are all JDF compliant already. Single plant look at Logic, multiple plants Hagen OA
Estimating, Shop Floor, job Ticketing everything you need.

We are using Prism. Sounds a lot like Prison. That's because we are all locked up for eight hours a day in prepress hell! But it does pay the bills!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back