Quark header

tlotzer

Quark header
Anyone know which QuarkXpress created this file that has the following in its header (open the qrk file in TextEdit to see header):

Edited by: tlotzer on Oct 11, 2007 1:34 PM

Re: Quark header

Well, you didn't give us the header. However, this should be unnecessary. Just open you latest version of Quark you have, and then File > Open, and then choose the Quark document (don't click open, because we want to stay in this window to see the info here). In that window, you should see version of Quark that saved the file.

Don

When I opened a Quark 6.5 document in TextEdit to get header of a document I know the version of already, in Text Edit it began:
MMXPR3

unfortunately the rest of my previous post was cut off. After I pasted the text from TextEdit, I went to the next line in the post and made three dots and said how TextEdit header was listed as XPR3 but really the document was Quark 6.5, so the first info hen opening the Quark doc in TextEdit is lying. Other than the previous method I gave to get the document version number, if the customer that sent you the files (I'm assuming you're prepress) did a Collect for Output the report lists what version of Quark the document as saved in last.

Don

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back