Nexus vs Prinergy

Re: Nexus vs Prinergy

yup they need to put some major bucks into their products. That's a huge advantage that Kodak has over AWS. Kodak has money to burn.

I liked your reply. We did end up getting more then two days of training. I am to the point that I love P-Evo. It is very customizable. Are we not Men? We are Pevo _ P E V O

Kinda a take off from Devo.

Beside Nexus, it's worth to take a look of new Native PDF workflow from AWS called Odystar. It is a Mac OSX Server based software, so, you can really beef up your Mac to more cores and more ram (more than 4GB Ram compare to Windows Server 2003). It can Trap transparency PDF natively and it support all kind of advance screening like Concentric Screening or 7 color process from AWS. I think it's the future-proof workflow! I don't think Kodak Prinergy has anything closer than this!

Hi Don,

Odystar's trapping is great because it is a native PDF workflow, so, all the transparency can trap correctly. That's a big plus because I used to have Nexus Raster workflow and need to fix a lot of CT-LW trap within flatten transparency from the file! That can be a nightmare! I don't use Neo to trap, but I can see it will be the same as Odystar, it may get more manual control over Odystar. But for me Odystar's Trapper is enough.

UncleSam

Uncle Sam,

Thank you for the answer on trapping in Odystar. Now I only need to decide between Odystar (and staying with EskoArtworks) or going to Prinergy (Kodak). Anyone used both and can say which is better in trapping and other areas (such as does Prinergy have a PDF editor?)?

Don

hey Don,

Did you ask for a Demo from both Kodak (Prinergy) and EskoArtwork (Odystar)? I think you should do that and get your first hand experience!

UncleSam

Good idea Sam. I may decide to do that before I leave this career (which I'm hoping will be in the next year if all goes close to what I'm expecting).

Don

Hi Don,

What workflow did you find better?
I also have to decide between Prinergy and Odystar..

Ignacio

Trapping Live Transparency!!

Trapping Live Transparency!!

I've got to say, I cannot believe you guys are getting excited about trapping live transparency!
Heidelberg has been doing this since January of 2007! Come on!

Color Management is absolutely simple & awesome! There is NO screening in the printing industry better than Heidelberg's. They have all of the pattens from Dr. Hell - who INVENTED electronic screening. The support can literally dial into your workflow and correct most any problem. In class training + on site training. They probably make your presses, more than likely - so guess what, they know how to feed them. Period.

Preps is something from the Flintstone age! Try Signastation for goodness sake!

Sorry for the slight rant here, but I just read all three pages and could not help myself.

Best,
Vee

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back