want to re-map colors in pdf

hangdog

hi all!
i have a pdf made in black. i want to remap the black to a lite blue, and print this thing on my color laserprinter. indesign will not re-map the default process black to another color.
can this be done??

Re: want to re-map colors in pdf

I am not sure about content of your PDF and how hard would be to change it in Indesign, but in Pitstop (Acrobat Plugin) you can do it with simple action.
Other tools can be used to achieve the same thing, pitstop is not the only one but that's what I use and know.

And PitStop has a 30 day trial, which means you can do the first few tricks for free and check out if it's worth the money...

Cheers

actually, we just ended up placing them in good ol pagemaker, selecting the placed pdf, clicking the defined color we wanted, and BOOM.
does not display on screen correctly, but prints just great!

hangdog,

That's cool! I like that. Is there any way you can send me the PDF and Pagemaker doc for me to see it?

Don

oooh - sorry i cant send the pdf. it's proprietary financial info and someone might sue me.
does this new forum have private messages like most other forums? if so, msg me and i'll mail the empty pagemaker file.

hangdog,

That's cool. I don't know of a personal message I can send on this. I just thought how cool that is, when InDesign can't do anything like that that I know of, and InDesign is much newer than Pagemaker. Progress has it's limits, huh?

Don

oooh ya baby! thats why we keep that old dog around! it's still fast & simple for most projects that dont need the bells & whistles. coreldraw 9 still does things very simpley that the adobe products never have emulated, things like interactive drop shadow & extrusion tools. dont get me wrong i like the new stuff also, but some of the old stuff kicked butt.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back