PDF compare

Re: PDF compare

AVT sells a product called ProoFit that does a visual comparison of either two pdf files or a pdf against a scanned/rasterized image or between two scanned/rasterized images. We've got a demo scheduled, considering adding it to our prepress proofreading functions. I used an earlier version of it at a previous job, and it works well, but does have its limitations.
http://www.avt-inc.com/

We also looked at the visual comparator from Global Vision, and it seemed to be far more complicated than what I remember of AVT; ProoFit opens the pdf directly (no Photoshop intermediary needed), and was very intuitive. Not sure of the cost for ProoFit, but Global Vision's version was quite expensive.

Also, one thing that I've done to compare single-page documents in Acrobat is to open both pdf files, make sure they are both cropped the same and at the same zoom level, then use Command-~ (tilde) to toggle between the documents. If you keep switching back & forth between the two quickly, any differences will show up. If it's a small document (we print pressure-sensitive labels, so most are fairly small) it works pretty well. I'd be hesitant to use it for a large multi-page document; it would work, but it would be time consuming.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back