25ft x 25ft 4/0 banner need advice on material

banners56

need some suggestions for material for a banner this large? It's for a high school football team to run onto the field with with lots of people holding onto the edges of the banner. after they are going to hang it from the stadium.

Any suggestions please

i'd suggest vinyl. you can usually find a weatherproof option for outdoor use. you could probably get pockets stitched into the ends so that poles could be inserted if needed. I've never heard of a printer that can print that size, so it may need to be tiled and stitched together. Vinyl is pretty durable in this way.

Last edited:
Scrim vinyl would work, as Oxburger says, it would have to be welded into one big banner from smaller pieces. If you went for a non-scrim material, like a lightweight polypropylene, then it might be a bit fragile. That might be an option if this is going to be thrown away after the event. I'm not sure how the welds would hold up either... but your printer should be able to advise on that.

I'd suggest taking a good look at fabric (a solid flag material, not mesh). A lot of printers are set up to do outdoor fabric printing now. It would be lighter weight, tough, long lasting and easy to handle.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back