Nexus vs Prinect

dgreen64

Can anyone recommend one over the other? Prinect looked like it might be easier to learn. I appreciate any comments / recommendations. This has been a very confusing decision!!

Re: Nexus vs Prinect

Yes, it would be confusing. I remember when we first starting looking into digital prepress. All the systems out there!

If you have time, perhaps you can tell us about the company, your current prepress set up and the type of work you do the most.

In other words, is the majority of the work publication, packaging dealing with gang runs, or are you just the average commerical house that prints whatever comes through the door?

One company uses Prinergy because they feel it works well with their set up...trading cards. I'm sure once you post that and everyone else will post what and why.

I don't like the Rampage workflow because it takes too long if a press is down and the overall workflow just seems too slow and I'm talking about from the time you start RIPping the correction page to the time the press gets one plate.

I know a person that has used Nexus, Prinergy, and Truflow. He prefers Prinergy.

Frank

Hi Diane,

I have been using Prinect MetaDimension for about 4 months now, and I can tell you that it is very user friendly in my opinion. For impositioning we use Prinect SignaStation which is great. I really (really!) love the montage mode for creating gang runs and step and repeat jobs.

If you want more info on MetaDimension please let me know... Maybe I can be of help.

Johan

Thanks for the comments Fatboysmart,

I would also like to point out the Prinect Signa Station and MetaDimension are the only pair of JDF certified imposition and rip from one manufacture. This can be found at [www.CIP4.org|http://www.CIP4.org] Go to Directories tab and then Certified Products to see a list of JDF certified imposition and rips.

Regards,

Mark Tonkovich
Heidelberg USA
Product Manager, CtP & Proofing

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back