New versions of Acrobat and FlightCheck questions

dwanders

I am researching replacing two OS9 systems with OS 10.4.9. These two machines run an automated EPSing application that also uses (currently) Acrobat Distiller 5.03 and FlightCheck 4.3. To the best of my knowledge the softwares that would be the replacements would be FlightCheck Designer 6.02 and Acrobat Professional 8.0. Would this assumption be correct? Are there better choices?
Thank you all,
Dennis

Re: New versions of Acrobat and FlightCheck questions

Hi Dennis,

Use your Asura ;-)

Regards,
Greg

Systems Engineer
OneVision, Inc.

Would love to Greg, only this is part of our AdTracker system and can't make any changes with trying to go live on the OSX version tuesday.
Good hearing from you,
Dennis

FlightCheck 6.02 Professional, not designer.

Matt Beals
Markzware Recognized Trainer

I continued with the install of Designer and to what level we are using it, everything seems fine. I wish to thank everyone for their input.

Chris Kemberling had the answer to an issue where an EPS created by Quark 6.52, when placed onto Acrobat 8, would fail. His answer should help many others!!!!
The secret is setting up Quark to output to PostScript.
In Quark 6.52 open the Preferences in the pull-down menus and set the PDF preference setting to “Create PostScript File for later Distilling”
Then when you want to distill it, you will choose “Export” in the “File” pull-down menu instead of “Print”. The only choice is “Layout as PDF...”.
Since we changed the PDF settings to generate as PostScript file, the file that it saves is now a .ps (postscript file).
Now you can drop that file directly on to Acrobat Distiller and it will distill properly with all the fonts, images, etc.
THANK YOU Chris.

Have a nice holiday, everyone.
Dennis

Edited by: Dennis W Anderson on Nov 29, 2007 3:24 PM

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back