3-up die

nikiniki9doors

Hi Everyone

This may seem like a basic question ... however I am not a graphic designer. I have been asked by my employer to put artwork in a 3-up die cut ... I have no idea what this means. i know I see 3 of the same die lines in the file ... but isnt there only an inside and outside??

not sure about how to go about putting artwork into the file.

Any help?? I was told to google it if I didnt know how to do it .. so no help around here.

You'll need 2 pages. One page will have 3 insides, and the other 3 outsides. They will need to back each other up when printed, so placement is critical (they will need to line up correctly so the insides and outsides back up after printing). Also, if the image area bleeds, you will need to put space in between the 3 insides and 3 outsides so the printed area of each is not overlapping.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back