Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scanners for Scanning to PDF for storage

Hello all,

A good client is asking us about scanning a lot of documents to be posted on their intranet. They would be scanned to PDF. Quantity could be as many as 3000 per day.

A Ricoh representative I talked with told me the following look like good fits for us. I just wondered if anyone else had used any of these, or scanners made by the same company, and has any input good or bad.

Fujitsu 5650 - ADF holds 200 pages - Speed is 57ppm/114ipm

Kodak 1420 - ADF holds 150 pages - Speed is 60ppm/120 ipm

Bell and Howell Trouper 3600 - ADF holds 200 pages - Speed is 62ppm/106 ipm

Canon DR7580 - ADF holds 500 Pages - Speed is 75ppm/150 ipm

Ricoh IS 760D - ADF holds 200 Pages - Speed is 75 ppm/122 ipm.

From the pricing, which isn't firm, he can get me the Ricoh for the least amount of money. I am just unfamiliar with some of these brands and am wondering about a track record -- don't think I can look this subject up on Consumer Reports!!

Any input appreciated.

Judy

Re: Scanners for Scanning to PDF for storage

I had a copier tech recommend to me some software called PaperPort. It's only $99 and you download the software from their website...paperport.com. Once I installed the program, I was able to scan straight from copier. I have a Richo 1075. It's really a great program for documents. I can put a large document into my document feeder, press scan and it scans them really fast. After the documents are scanned, it puts an icon at the bottom of page and I just drag the scanned document into the appropriate program...adobe pdf, ms word, corel, photoshop, etc. I love it!

Good Luck!

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)AleyantCanonKBA
    Standard FinishingDuploAleyantCanonGraph Expo4 PeesLabelexpoKBAKBA4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4836 users online. 95 members and 4741 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
    X