Scanners for Scanning to PDF for storage

judyj

Hello all,

A good client is asking us about scanning a lot of documents to be posted on their intranet. They would be scanned to PDF. Quantity could be as many as 3000 per day.

A Ricoh representative I talked with told me the following look like good fits for us. I just wondered if anyone else had used any of these, or scanners made by the same company, and has any input good or bad.

Fujitsu 5650 - ADF holds 200 pages - Speed is 57ppm/114ipm

Kodak 1420 - ADF holds 150 pages - Speed is 60ppm/120 ipm

Bell and Howell Trouper 3600 - ADF holds 200 pages - Speed is 62ppm/106 ipm

Canon DR7580 - ADF holds 500 Pages - Speed is 75ppm/150 ipm

Ricoh IS 760D - ADF holds 200 Pages - Speed is 75 ppm/122 ipm.

From the pricing, which isn't firm, he can get me the Ricoh for the least amount of money. I am just unfamiliar with some of these brands and am wondering about a track record -- don't think I can look this subject up on Consumer Reports!!

Any input appreciated.

Judy

Re: Scanners for Scanning to PDF for storage

I had a copier tech recommend to me some software called PaperPort. It's only $99 and you download the software from their website...paperport.com. Once I installed the program, I was able to scan straight from copier. I have a Richo 1075. It's really a great program for documents. I can put a large document into my document feeder, press scan and it scans them really fast. After the documents are scanned, it puts an icon at the bottom of page and I just drag the scanned document into the appropriate program...adobe pdf, ms word, corel, photoshop, etc. I love it!

Good Luck!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back