Job issues within the shop

djpaul

I'm curious as to how other print shops handle problems with jobs within the plant from the printed piece to mail services. Currently we are using a database for tracking an issue with a job. This issue is assigned to the department the issue started with. It makes the Department Manager aware of an issue and how it is handled or will be handled to get the job completed. I'm certain most print companies have procedures in place I'm just wondering if anyone will share or be willing to discuss. Thanks

Re: Job issues within the shop

At Magicomm, we could not possibly manage any job without using Basecamp.

We have staff, freelance writers, designers working at home - as well as customers - logging in and working on projects.

I would be happy to share experiences directly with you, but that would be too long to post.

http://www.basecamphq.com/

This is built using Ruby on Rails - we also live, eat and breath SaaS - We use SalesForce.com and our web site runs on PSPWCMS

Hope this helps !
--
Michael Jahn
Director of Product Innovation
Magicomm West

Edited by: Cory Smith on Nov 8, 2007 1:56 PM (to comply with TOS)

Re: Job issues within the shop

djpaul, I do know that basecamp was being used by the intern that you had on site this past summer. You should have notes on file somewhere. Thoughts were to move to this at some point- getting away from bugz.
d

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back