Quark 6 to 7?

Franknater

Has anyone had problems with a file created in Q6 and using Q7 to output? For one, it seems to create a problem with clipping paths in Pshop. I don't use Q7 unless I have to.

Frank

Re: Quark 6 to 7?

If you don't mind color problems (PANTONE solids coated CMYK values different in QX 7 than in QX 6. QX7 uses color bridge CMYK values for both color bridge and solid coated) and type re-wraps, go ahead. I wouldn't recommend it at all.

Don

Re: Quark 6 to 7?

As a general practice, it's not wise to output documents from a different version of the application. Adobe changed many things in each version of InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. Type is handled differently, transparency is handled differently, and color is handled differently. Quark changed things in its most recent versions of QuarkXPress as well.

Outputting a CS2 document from InDesign CS3 is asking for trouble. Same for QuarkXPress.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back