Xitron Nav, trouble with spot colors becoming halftones

1984printing

Hi, everyone. I'm not sure where to post this question, and I think it might be a fairly dumb one, but hopefully someone will take pity on me and offer up an answer! I'm using an old version of Xitron Navigator for plate output on an Accuset 1000 Plus. I acquired this system used fairly recently and am still struggling with the user guide. We print a lot of 2 and 3 color spot jobs and unless I manually separate the colors into black on separate plates before sending to rip, the spots output halftoned where I should have continuous tones. What am I missing?

Re: Xitron Nav, trouble with spot colors becoming halftones

Which separation style are you using in your page setup, monochrome or CYMK separations? Sounds like something isn't configured properly for spot separations.

Edited by: Doug on Nov 19, 2007 2:49 PM

Re: Xitron Nav, trouble with spot colors becoming halftones

It sounds like we have that same setup. We use CMYK color space. Then in "Separations Manager" we have "other color in job" is YES. It will output all spot colors to the line screen that is selected. If you have "other color in job" NO then it will force everything to CMYK. Be careful when you have a duotone with two pantone colors, you have to manually add a color (letter for letter) to make sure that the screen angles are different. I can upload screen shots if you need more help.

Nick

WOOHOO - first post (long time reader)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back