Direct Mail what software do I need??

ajr

My company is going into direct mail as we have one of our existing customers wants to give us a large job. We already print everything that goes in the envelope and the envelope, but just dont personalise it and mail it.
What software do I need. We need to sort the supplied list into Mailsort ( we are in the UK) then produce a file that can be used by our digital presses. About 100k addresses a month.

I would like to know what works and what would fit in with that sort of volume.

Thanks

A

Until recently we used Flexmail but updates got expensive so have gone over to Bulk Mailer 5 from Satori. You need the pro version for more than 20K addresses though. Mailsort Online is great for 'one-off' large mailings, we have used them for years for jobs that didn't warrant purchasing extra option for the main software. Most of our work is Mailsort or Pressstream and they all fit the bill.

Andrew

Did you have a look at ObjectiveLune PrintshopMail?
You can download it for free and print 25 records. There will the promotional text on it "PrintshopMail"'.
But you can create and test anyting you like. And if you have a dongel you can start printing.
Digital Print providers like Océ have an intesive test procedure with ObjectiveLune to test if everything is working as it should. Things like subset stapling.

Welcome to VDP!

Welcome to VDP!

Well, hello Mr. van der Kop! How are things in Venlo?

To AJR: As someone who has been involved in VDP since its infancy and has used many applications over the years, I suggest you consider Meadows Publishing DesignMerge. It operates as a plug-in for InDesign and Quark. It's about $5K (US) and is a breeze to get up and running. With their support, you should be using it in less than two days. Go here Meadows Publishing Solutions Home Page and contact my friend Greg Bane (I get nothing for this) and he'll work with you every step of the way. As far as the sorting, I am not sure what is available in the U.K., but check out BCC Mail Manager 2010. Maybe they have a version for you there. This is also an outstanding product--and I've used several--for the money.

Dwight Polglaze

DesignMerge "Award winning" variable data software

DesignMerge "Award winning" variable data software

Thanks dpolglaze!!!! It is easy to get into DesignMerge Pro Software for variable data printing today for much less than 5K ....! There are several options available to suit everyone's needs!

There are many advantages to plug-in technology in the VDP space. The most important advantage is that the DesignMerge software can utilize the two most powerful and popular composition engines in the world, Adobe InDesign and QuarkXPress. All of the composition features that you have grown accustomed to are fully supported by DesignMerge. Every aspect of the composition process, including kerning and letterspacing, hyphenation and justification, runarounds, multi-page composition, styling, tables, etc. are all available for you to use. You just take an existing document, and use DesignMerge to "Make It Variable". Your variable output will look just like you did File/Print for each individual data record.

Regards,
Greg Bane

Review of DesignMerge
Design Merge | Product Review | Layers Magazine

DesignMerge Videos
DesignMerge Videos, Introduction

Look what our customers have to say...
DesignMerge Testimonials

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back