Imagesetters

11:11

Hello all;

perhaps one of you may be able to shed some light on a workflow situation we are experiencing.

Our company is in the midst of numerous visits from the manufacturers of CTP/Workflow systems, and we are not quite sure who to trust.

Currently running a Heidelberg RIP and Imagesetter, using Ryobi and AB_D presses.

So, my question would be to all who have experience with AGFA, Heidelberg and Presstek.

Accento? Supersetter? or Xitron? Without giving you all of the specs, I am wanting to know which Workflow has the best track record so far. (Chemistry Free)

We'll be making our decision within 60 days, and I'm hoping to get a better idea of who is best to go with. The famous "WEBEX" is not cutting it for me...

Thanks!
DG

Edited by: DG on Nov 21, 2007 12:36 PM

Re: Imagesetters

Another company you may want to look at is Xante. We just had a plate burner and processor installed here. I was very impressed with the entire process and training was very thorough. It has definitely fit well into our workflow with Diddie, Ryobi and Hamada presses. Just thought I would share another company to take a look at.

I am currently working with Trueflow and the Fuji pro-t plates. This is a good system. I come from a Creo/Scitex Brisque and Lotem workflow.
This current system works well compared to what I'm used to.
From both workflows I can say that I feel that Fuji has the most stable plates on the market that I've worked with.

The imagesetter is a Javelin 8300 E. Pretty bare bones and stable.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back