standard Xitron warranty?

I've not been able to find a reference in Xitron's website, as to what's their standard hardware (interfase boards) warranty term... trying to make some comparisons, I've seen manufacturers with long warranties, and other with shorter ones.

-- Roberto

Re: standard Xitron warranty?

Hello,

Last year started with the company I am with now. Had no updated rip or impo software.

Now using The Xenith system V6.1.3 from Xitron
Have Dynagrams Dynastrip 5.0.0

Used to use Rampage and Preps

Still kinda up in the air about Xitron. Rampage let the user do trap edits on the fly and xitron only lets one decide how a file is riped before it goes into the system. I believe that there is an extra module for doing trap edits on the fly that we do not have in the xenith rip at this point in time.

The warranty and support last for one year and can be extended for more money if I am not mistaken. (do not quote me on that one) may be able to get more exact info from Xitron themselves give them an email they will get back to you quickly.

I am sure all the rip companies out there offer something similar - extend the warranty and/or support for more money.

As for support they are really good and helpful with what may arise and usually get problems out of the way quickly.

I am also new to the forum and wanting to help cause I know someday I will need it! :)

Re: standard Xitron warranty?

To answer Roberto's question, I think the hardware warranty is one year.

To answer GraphicGuru's question, I have had the Xenith system for just about 4 years now, and having the tech support for the first year was a huge help. I had been using Xitron (Navigator) products before, but the paid tech support was worth the money.

They respond very quickly if you email and if you call, they're working on your issue right along with you. If need be, they can look into your machine via the internet and see what's going on.

After using other RIP and prepress systems, I feel you get a lot for your money with the Xitron Xenith system. You pay more for others, but I don't think that the standard package you get from Xitron is easily exceeded. However, the other systems have their advantages too, but I'm very satisfied with the performance of the Xitron Xenith system.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back