CID Identity H fonts

sgravel

Do CID Identity H fonts cause problems with anyone? Before we went direct to plate we had problems with crashing going to neg. I think they may still be causing some problems. Is there a way to change them in the PDF?

Re: CID Identity H fonts

If you are having problems with CID fonts, it means you are using a VERY OLD
RIP (or other PDF processing solution).

CID fonts have part of PDF since PDF 1.3 (Acrobat 4). That's over 10 YEARS
that the technology has been part of the standard.

If you have a tool that doesn't support it - RUN(!) do not walk away...

Leonard

I agree with Leonard, its time to upgrade your RIP. We too had problems with CID fonts in PDFs when dropping to a Hot Folder for our RIP. Often, we could work around this by placing the PDF in InDesign and printing from there (I'm a old school Command-P pusher, I print separations to my RIP).

Upgrading our RIP a couple of years ago resolved the issue when dropping PDFs into a Hot Folder.

Thanks. I do know that our rip is new. But, our newsroom makes a PDF of every page using PDF Maker to send down. I think the PDF Maker could be causing the problem.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back