Rampage or Prinergy?

Re: Rampage or Prinergy?

I realize the post asked about Prinergy and Rampage. Can I throw in my two cents.
We had Brisque and a new company bought us out. We were forced to change RIPS.
2 of the 3 in the prepress room quit within 2 weeks. You know how prepress people can be!
So, what did they force on us? Trueflow from Screen.
I stayed and dug down into it. Now, they will rip it from my cold dead hands.
I just love that when I need it to do something new I do not have to pay for it. Almost
100 percent of the time it is right there as a flow I never knew about.
A sister company has Heidelberg. Neat little system, but I have to have a ripped PDF
with type turned into outlines. We use that 1-up pdf to put into another workflow for
our lasers.
Three years later and I have converted 3 separate companies as well as two of our sister
companies as well.
There are drawbacks. There is something that is not perfect with each rip.
However, get a quote from Screen and watch that figure be 70 percent at most of the
Creo quote.
When you buy a Town and Country you get a LX, LXI, Limited, etc.
I get so tired of Creo adding $10,000 here for feature X and then being told that really
feature X cannot work without feature Y. Oh, and by the way, Feature Y is $10,000 as well.
So, "Do you have a package price with A, B, C, and D" Nope. That will be $40,000 thank
you very much.
With Screen you pay one price and you get all of the goodies.

Re: Rampage or Prinergy?

I have run several workflows and really like Prinergy. My main problem with Prinergy seems to be Kodak, and that does not look like it's going to change anytime soon. They are horrid, however the the people that really know the product (Vancouver) are awesome to deal with.
Prinergy is very expensive when you add all the tools that you will actually need to get the job done, and upgrades that deal with current issues can be painfully slow, but the system itself is pretty reliable and consistent, and at the end of the day that counts for a lot.
Now go make dots...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back