Need help with Pictroproof

jimbr

I have a Pictroproof (Model:pG-4000B CE) which recently gave me an error message "Service E41-7".

I have talked with fuji and they told me very little information, basically that this a component failure that was necessary to replace.

I would like to know if anyone has more detailed information on this kind of error, namely the p/n of the damaged part.

Also, does anyone know a spare parts supplier that has pictroprof spare parts? I am asking this because the budget from Fuji was extremely high and quite sincerely I prefer to try and find the part somewhere else.

Thanks for your helpful advices

Re: Need help with Pictroproof

The error code you are mentioning is a "Frame Memory Detection Error". This relates to the video memory that the Pictro uses to receive the image data.

This memory is contained on the daughter board attached to one of the two main boards in the back of the unit. This board holds about 4MB of video memory and that is your issue.

I don't know of any third party sources for Pictro parts. You're best bet is to try and find another one on e-bay and cannabilize the parts.

Steve

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back