RAMpage 10.5

almaink

So RAMPage just sent me the 10.5 update. Anyone install it yet? Any issues with jobs already in RAMpage ripped in version 10.4 awaiting proof approvals? Is the PDF trap engine faster? I'm a little leery about updating with current jobs in there awaiting plate approval.

Re: RAMpage 10.5

10.5 works great one problem that everyone seems to have is the pdf print engine is to slow to run all your jobs it takes a hardware upgrade in most cases

all the files that were preripped were fine. I have had 10.5 for 6 months by request we down loaded it

Thanks, I just read the Install sheet and since I already have 10.4 installed it looks like all I need to do is update the client and the base,build. Ya PDF trap engine can be slow on complicated jobs but I just let it run overnight for those. What pisses me off the most is I have a 3.0 gig dual core but it's the shooter! My rip is only a 3 gig Xeon. If I could swap them I could could cut PDF trap engine time way down. I asked RAMpage if that was possible but still haven't gotten a straight answer from them. If they were Macs and not windows boxes, it would already be done.

You can swap your boxes or install new boxes.. there is no fixed rule that I am aware of. I have always built my own boxes and we have two sets of rampage rips running in tandem to keep up with the speed.
Two most important rules
1. You always have to use Intel chipset.
2. If you have multiple rips for the same tasks then both computers have to be identical or you get different results.

amin

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back