Taffeta users?

Re: Taffeta users?

Maybe it's just me, but I rarely see the improvement on all these hybrid screening technologies out there. Reps always bring in samples, but they just don't look that GREAT! 200 linescreen looks pretty darn good to me.

but do answer your question, no we are not. Is Taffeta replacing the CoRes they were pushing a while back?

We utilize Cores with good results,(300li) at 2400dpi.
I think of Cores as a tool in our toolbox. If the job we are printing lends itself to
300li ie: textiles with moire potential we will use it.

BobW

Bob,

what percentage of your jobs would you say use the CoRes? Do your pressman have a preference to which screening you use (assuming you use RCS when not using CoRes)?

Most of our sheetfed uses Cores 175li and 200li along with a Final Proof, Cores also.
Cores utilizes set screen angles, the black is not 45 degrees so you have to be careful with black
only tints.
The pressroom does not know the difference between RCS and Cores, unless it is 300li or above.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back