Rampage upgrade install problem

ddunlow

Please help...

I have successfully updated all of the rips and shooters to 10.5 (base and build). When I try to run the new Mac client, I receive an error. It says the file server is still at 10.2. Oddly enough, If I launch an old Mac client from a different mac, I am told the file server is at ver. 10.5 ????

Is there an installer to run on the fileserver? I assumed the fileserver was updated by the RIP.

Of course, the day I updgrade is the day Rampage is closed. (President's Day)

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance.

Dennis

Re: Rampage upgrade install problem

Dennis, did you do a complete shutdown, including the fileserver, the restart server, RIPs/shooters, PC's then Mac? There really shouldn't be a sequence other than the fileserver, but some things just seem to work better in that sequence. It did for me.

Frank

I have restarted all the comptuers in the mix with the exception of my mac.

Here are the messages I see from the client. Pic 4 is the error on start up. Pic 6 is a splash screen right after the first error message. Notice in Pic 6, it says the fileserver "Ramvol" is at ver 10.5

Dennis

Man...I just quit my job and not in front of the Rampage.

1. Make sure your volume is mounted on the RIP station. From the sounds of it, it is but just double check. I believe it is in the preferences.

2. In the Mac prefs (RamClient), remove it. Restart, then go back and select the volume.

Frank

Thanks for the suggestion...

i trashed all the prefs, restarted, copied new client software from CD, but same error.

I have used Rampage since 1998, and have never had a problem. This is killing me!

Dennis

Hmmm. Maybe something is wrong with the CD version. Download client from the net.

Edited by: Frank on Feb 18, 2008 2:57 PM

OLD HASP ID !!!!!

that's the problem. Just as the freaking instructions told me, remove any old hasp ID from the system. It just did not explain why...

Thanks so much for your QUICK responses.

I hope you quit your job due to the fact you have found a better one!

Dennis

*I hope you quit your job due to the fact you have found a better one!*

For now. Using ApogeeX. I'm getting out of this business, soon. I've had my mortgage license for 5 years and that sucks, now. My best bet is do what I do best, train. I'm going to get my personal trainer's cert and do that. For starters, it will pay more than I'm making and I have some good contacts.

Frank

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back