Rampage and Metrix integration

Mike Bishop

Hello all, I would like to start an exchange of info about integrating Rampage and Metrix. I currently use Rampage (version 10.4), and I have been using Rampage for the past 7 years. I noticed recently that Rampage and Metrix had teamed up to create better integration between their products (Rampage profile info in Metrix, etc.) and I was curious about Metrix specifically and JDF workflows in general.

Some questions I have are:
• Does Metrix replace Preps as a layout program?
• Can Metrix be used alongside other MIS programs (in my case, Print Leader); or does it replace these types of programs?
• Does Metrix help at all in a non JDF workflow? If so, how?
• How do current users of Metrix, especially version 3.0, feel the product has benefitted them and their workflow?
• How do current users feel about the Rampage / Metrix integration?

Actually any info / testimonials / stories would be helpful. I just want to hear from some hands on people, not sales or promotional videos.

Also, I talked to both Rampage and Metrix (Joel) today 3/28/08, about the prospect of them creating some training to show existing users how to get these two programs working together. Rampage says documentation is in the works and they are just stating to push Metrix integration to customers, so hopefully some Webinars, videos or on site training will follow.

Re: Rampage and Metrix integration

Wow Joel, you are on top of things, you found me on here awful quick. Thanks for the reply about the Rampage videos. I have seen the video Rampage has posted, and the Learning Metrix videos on the LithoTechnics site. They are helpful and the LithoTechnics videos get pretty in depth, but without a hands on experience with the software (yet), I figured I would ask around here for some info. If anything new pops up please post here and let me / us know.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back