Spot Colors Quark 7.3

Save .eps from Quark 7.3 as is.
Drop into Rampage(9.4) and convert spots to cmyk.
Rampage will not convert spots as they should be.
Same file from Quark 6.5 and everything is fine.
What is it that Rampage doe's not like with Quark 7?
Thanks, Greg

Re: Spot Colors Quark 7.3

I was thinking of PDF.

I just did a test and you have to choose "Composite CMYK and Spot" when saving your eps from Quark and it should rip fine.

John Stewart

I just noticed that my version is 7.0. Sorry I wasn't any help.

John Stewart

Here something that a local printer discovered the hard way, the PANTONE solid coated definitions of some colors are different in QX7 than in QX6. In QX6 (and our solid-to-process color guide) "PANTONE Red 032 C" is 90magenta & 86yellow. The same color in QX7 is 90magenta & 60yellow. When the QX6 file is opened in QX7, the QX7 loads the color from its library instead of the values defined in the file.

Their solution was to rename the colors in QX6 replacing "PANTONE" with "PMS". Now when QX7 opens the file, it doesn't try to read the color from its library because it doesn't have a "PMS" model. That keeps the definition of the color the same in both versions.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back