Rampage 8.6 cannot write to server!?!?

Glenn

A client of mine running RAMpage 8.6 recently lost both hard drives on it's server (Windows NT).
They have replaced the hard drives, re-installed Windows NT, created 2 shares, one named Ram_Vol (for Rampage preferences and RSI data) and one named Data_Vol, which contains the live prepress jobs. They ran the Network install app from the RAMpage rip as per installation instructions. The RAMpage rib box connects to the Ram_Vol share but when the rip software is launched, it gives this error:

Rampage Master Volume
"The specified volume CANNOT BE FOUND, or does not have WRITE permission.
Probably the volume isn't mounted or is invalid."

Well the volume is mounted and does have write permission!

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 298
Just a silly thought, have you restarted everything, and I do mean everything, rip, server, workstations.....
Been awhile since I dealt with an NT box but I seem to remember they could be quite finicky

Just a silly thought, have you restarted everything, and I do mean everything, rip, server, workstations.....
Been awhile since I dealt with an NT box but I seem to remember they could be quite finicky

Yes, restarted all machines and still get same error.

At the rip, under preferences, are the paths set correctly?

We had a similar situation last week. We had to give Rampage a call to have them fix it. But, temporarily, we set up another drive on the server to be the "Rampage" drive, which seemed to work without Rampage assistance.

I don't know what the deal is here. Even if I do get it working, all the rip and device profiles were lost with the hard drives that failed.

you must install AFP on the the windows boxes. Rampage uses AFP. I will break out the manual when I have time and see if I can find what you need to do.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back