Single Raster vs. Dual Raster for files with Transparency

Re: Single Raster vs. Dual Raster for files with Transparency

we use dual raster most the time..just honor application overprints, and set your CT trap to knockout. Rarely have problems.

Ouch no. We gave up on Dual Raster all together. Problems were fairly rare, but rip time is cheap and single raster is much safer.

I'm with Kyle on this one single raster=faster and no errors. BTW if you want to speed up the PDF trap engine uncheck interactive trapping. Makes it run about 5 times faster. If you do need to edit a trap, just control click on the trap column, and select make traps editable.

I'm with you guys on the single raster mode, safer is better when it comes to multi-page color. Thanks for the tip on the interactive, I have usually left this on, it will now be off by default.

jb

ditto on the single raster here also.

Rick,

Dual Raster is faster than Single Raster. Dual Raster rips the contones at a lower resolution (i.e. 300 res.) than the linework (i.e. 2400). This feature was one of Rampage's selling points back in the day but with all the transparency effects being used today Dual Raster can produce trap issues.

Hey Erik,

Thanks for the tip -- it's already solved some funky trap issues for us. Gotta love those drop shadows!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back