SMB shares for 12.3 rampage

Windows file shares are SMB shares. Anything shared on Windows via Windows (i.e. not a third party software a la Dropbox, GoogleDrive, etc.) is being shared via SMB. Are you having connectivity issues connecting from a Mac? Or just file write issues? It sounds like a permissions problem to me at first guess.

Also if the Mac cannot connect it could be incompatible SMB protocols. Try connecting to the server via CIFS (old SMB protocol).

I think it has something to do with TCP IP and net bios. I enabled it in the wins settings for the adapter I am using. I remote in but will not be able to tell till I get onsite. Thank you

I just saw that. The funniest thing. I just enabled netbios over tcpip and now I can write to a mac server that I could not ealier

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back