OS X Yosemite

MacTwidget

All of my production machines are on OS X Mavericks.
And we have Rampage v12.x
Is anyone running OS X Yosemite and successfully running Rampage v12.x?

I had it running v12.1b.8 but Yosemite was such a convoluted mess it made me go back to Mavericks. I had all kinds of issues with my firewire drive and slow reboots not to mention the Notification BS that was driving me crazy. Right now I'm dual booting back and forth between Mavericks and Snow Leopard, and that combo seems to be working pretty well. The Firewire drive is still an issue though and now I only mount it when I need it because I'm pretty sure it was what was causing all the hangs in Yosemite.

I run Yosemite, but we don't use Rampage. I use Parallels running a Snow Leopard Server for Nexus Manager, Freehand and Printsmith. The transition was not smooth, once I got all my fonts in order everything smoothed out.

Are you talking about the Rampage client? We are running 12.3b7 with Yosemite, no issues at all. Each iMac has it's own usb drive for time machine, etc. No notice of being slow or anything like that as well. None of my guys have complained about any issues besides when will I do updates lol (I like to test updates on my machine then roll out the updates for the rest of our macs). I also did the font conversion from Helvetica back to Lucida-Grande like it used to be.

I was hesitant to move up to Yosemite coming from 10.7 and 10.8's but the more I use it the more I am liking it and it's options. So far, so good.

What Notification BS are you referring to? The only thing I don't like is the launchpad now because I can't control it like I did on 10.7. If you haven't upgraded to Yosemite and are worried about apps working or not check this app out. RoaringApps - Application compatibility and feature support for OS X and iOS great little app for checking compatibility.

Last edited:
Notification Center doesn't drive you crazy? I found a way to disable it completely using Terminal app.
How to permanently remove Notification Center from OS X

The Firewire drive was causing the restart issue. I switched it to use a USB interface and the problems have not returned.
Yosemite seems to use more ram than Mavericks did for just about everything, but other than that now that the issues I had restarting are gone it seems fine.

Notification Center doesn't drive you crazy? I found a way to disable it completely using Terminal app.
How to permanently remove Notification Center from OS X

The Firewire drive was causing the restart issue. I switched it to use a USB interface and the problems have not returned.
Yosemite seems to use more ram than Mavericks did for just about everything, but other than that now that the issues I had restarting are gone it seems fine.

I like the Notification Centre for email, hate when updates or other things pop up there.

Yosemite is the glitchiest version of OS X I can remember. Looks like they are trying to make El Capitan like Snow Leopard. Faster, lighter and more stable. Hoping it is true for that at least, there are no new features that make me go WOW with El Capitan.

How does PrintSmith run using parallels and Snow Leopard Server? I've been thinking about doing that because of the problems with Vision. My biggest concern is the conversion over from my old mac.

I am running Yosemite 10.10.4 - Rampage works fine (Rampage 13.07) - I did lose my Colorburst Rip for proofing though had to move that to an older Mac running 10.8.5. Yosemite seems really slow and laggy overall - AFP Connections weren't initially taking my passwords. I know why you upgraded like ME, you probably needed to get the newest Adobe CC Software?

Jeff

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back